Saturday, June 28, 2008

Unity Comes with a $30-million Price Tag

So I've been sitting back and watching, listening, reading. I see lots of calls for unity. Lots of politicking. Lots of trying to make us believe. I hear lots of Obama supporters on talk radio saying to hell with Hillary, kick her when she's out. A bunch of good Democrats, I'm sure, who would probabaly be on her side if the race had gone the other way.

The Obamas need Clinton to get on the bus. The fee is pretty hefty. But it's a price that must be paid. Just do it. Pay it off. Have your friends pay it off. Kill the story. Move on. Kiss and be nice. Be a better person.

Obama's right, she is a fighter. She will be his best ally. That comes with a $30-million guarantee!

Ass kissing isn't always left up to the loser. Because in this case, the losers don't really think they have lost. And there's a 18-million votes in evidence they didn't. Michelle had it right this week. She's about to join the girls club and she'd better start acting like one.

I'ts not ironic to me that Hillary has to "play nice" at this point. She's a skilled politician. She's a devoted Democrat. What is so ironic to me that for the past 16-months the Obamas have been TRASHING her. And now this week THEY are the ones singing her praises. Saying ALL of the things we all know to be the truth. That she rocks.

Good Democrats like myself will remain Good Democrats. I just hope that all this talk of Unity doesn't forget that one of our own, Joe Lieberman, was once our Vice Presidential Nominee. And as I look at the latest news stories about Obama "moving to the center" I worry that we are forgetting what it means to be a Liberal and what it means to be a Democrat.

No comments: