Saturday, June 28, 2008

DNC.org No Longer Calls Obama "Democratic Nominee"

In response to my letter to the DNC on 6/14/2008. You will note that the DNC.org / Democrats.org website no longer refers to Barack Obama as the Democratic Nominee. Here is my letter:

As a delegate to the National Convention in August, I take issue with the opening page of the Democrats.org site calling Barack Obama the "Democratic Party Nominee". Did I vote at the DNC Convention in August 2008 already? How is Barack Obama named the nominee without the delegate's official vote? You may call him the "presumptive nominee" but according to the Rules and Bylaws, he is not yet the official nominee, the delegates have not voted. Please respond to my email in a timely manner and correct the website, and also issue a statement retracting your pronouncement of his nomination on the website.

No comments: