Saturday, March 29, 2008

Objection to Bev Perdue's Endorsement of Barack Obama

My letter to North Carolina Lt. Governor, Beverly Perdue.

info@bevperdue.com

Mdme. Lt. Gov. Perdue,

As a longtime financial supporter of local Democrats, the DNC, and the DCCC, I find it troubling that you have chosen to support Sen. Barack Obama for President. It is becoming clearer to me that Independents and Republicans are influencing our Democratic Primary Process. Your including your name behind such a candidate is telling of your desire to simply have "change for change's sake."

At 37, I would still be considered a young voter by many standards. I take issue with the notion that Barack Obama is good change. I take issue with the notion that Barack Obama is supported by young people. If this were the basis for supporting a candidate for the President of the United States of America, we should simply hold an "American Idol"-style election for every young person to text in their vote.

This type of reasoning is absurd.

Based on your choice to support Barack Obama, I will not be "pulling the Democratic lever" in November.

No comments: